28 January 2010

Lost in Austen




Not to be confused with the British mini-series, this book is reminiscent of the 'choose your own adventure' books from my childhood. The main story follows Pride and Prejudice with you in the place of Elizabeth Bennet. The choices you are given at the end of each segment, however, allows you to branch into some of the story lines of all of Jane Austen's other novels. OCD that I am, I keep a detailed journal as I work through this book. I want to make sure I read every path. Choose the wrong path (ie, marry Mr. Collins, Wickham, Willoughby, or even devoted Mr. Knightley) and you could be killed, jailed for murder, disfigured, etc. One path even crosses you with none other than Tom Lefroy! This book adheres strictly to all of Miss Austen's works and is thoroughly enjoyable. I highly recommend!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I have seen the journal. It is indeed detailed....haha maybe that is what your show being mgk should be about...the ocd qualities

Tricia Bagley said...

I had this book . . . I don't know where it is. Did I get rid of it? Hmmmmm. I never actually gave it a chance, I'll have to look for it.

Emma Hox said...

I loved it as well. I found it at the airport over a year ago and have had fun with it as I also keep a detailed journal as I read it.